Automatically Importing Files
The Scheduler Service provides the ability to poll a directory on the file system and automatically import files within that directory. To enable automatic import, complete the following steps:
- Logon as an Administrator
- Ensure that the Scheduler Service is configured and running
- Enable the import functionality see the Import Tab of the Server Configuration dialog
- Open the Import directory within the XIA Automation Server installation, by default this can be found here:
C:\Program Files\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Automation Server\Server\App_Data\Import
- View the properties of the automation profile you wish to automate in the Client Tools and note the profile identifier
- Create a new directory in the Import directory that matches either the profile name or profile identifier. It is recommended that the profile identifier is used as this remains constant even if the profile name is changed.
- Place any CSV files containing the data into the directory created. The data will be automatically imported by the Scheduler Service at the next polling interval and the results written to the audit log.