Preparing for automation (Part 1 - Developers Console)
The follow steps describe how to generate a development project and create a Google service account private key.
- Logon to the developer console as an administrator.
- Click "Create Project"
- Enter the project name "XIA Automation Server"
- Select APIs and auth > APIs
- Enter "Admin SDK" in the search field
- Select the API and click Enable API
- Select APIs and auth > Credentials
- Select Add Credentials > Service account
- Select P12 and click “Create”
- Save the file that is created on the XIA Automation Server machine in the Google directory which is by default found in the following location
C:\Program Files\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Automation Server\Server\app_data\encryption\Google
- Make a note of the password for the private key when prompted, typically this will be "notasecret"
- Select the newly created service account from the list
- Make a note of the Client ID and Email address