Variable Task Example - Determine First Initial
The following example shows how to determine the user's first initial using variable modification tasks:
- Create a new text automation variable called [FirstName]. The variable should not be hidden and should be set to required as the user will need to provide this information.
- Create a new text automation variable called [FirstInitial] the variable should be hidden.
- Create a new Copy Variable Task
- Set the source variable to [FirstName] and the destination variable to [FirstInitial].
- Create a new Variable Substring Task.
- Select the [FirstInitial] as the variable to modify, the start index to zero and the length to one.
- The user's first initial will now be available in subsequent tasks as the [FirstInitial] variable.