Use Default Credentials
The service account credentials (or custom credentials set on the Credentials tab of the scan profile) are used to connect to the vCenter server.
- Default credentials are only supported when connecting to vCenter server on Windows, or a vCenter server appliance.
- Default credentials are not supported when connecting to a stand-alone ESX host.
- Default credentials are not supported when the XIA Configuration Client is installed on a domain controller.
Use Specific Credentials
Determines the credentials to use when connecting to a vCenter server or standalone ESX host.
- For Windows credentials on a vCenter server appliance you must enter the username in the format username@domainname - for example "firstname.lastname@example.org", with the domain field left blank.
- When entering local vSphere credentials, these can be entered in the username field for example "email@example.com", with the domain field blank. 1
- For Windows credentials on a vCenter server on a workgroup enter the username and password, the domain field should be left blank.
- For a standalone ESX host enter the username - for example "root" and password, the domain field should be left blank.
- For a vCenter server on an Active Directory domain enter the username, domain name and password. The domain name can be entered either in DNS or NetBIOS format.
1 Alternatively, the username can be entered in the username field, and the domain field set to, for example, "vSphere.local".