Supported Target Systems
The Backup Exec Server scan tasks are supported on the following platforms
- Veritas Backup Exec 21.2
- Veritas Backup Exec 21.1
- Veritas Backup Exec 21
- Veritas Backup Exec 20.x
- Veritas Backup Exec 16
- Symantec Backup Exec 15 (14.2)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2014 (14.1)
Access Settings (PowerShell)
- Windows PowerShell 3.0 or above must be installed on the machine running Backup Exec.
- Windows PowerShell Remoting must be enabled on the machine running Backup Exec.
- The Windows PowerShell execution policy must be set to RemoteSigned on the remote machine. This can be configured automatically if configured on the PowerShell setting tab.
- Firewall access must allow access to the PowerShell Remoting (WinRM) port on the remote machine.
- The XIA Configuration Client service account (or the custom credentials in use) must have Administrator rights to the remote machine.
When using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security the following rules must be enabled.
NOTE: it is recommended that the PowerShell Remoting use a HTTPS connection.