The IIS Service Agent reports "Unknown error (0x80005000)"
When scanning an IIS 6 server from a Windows Server 2008 or above machine you receive the error "Unknown error (0x80005000)".
XIA Configuration uses both WMI and ADSI to document Windows 2003 Servers. On Windows 2008 and above ADSI is an optional component which must be installed
On the Windows 2008 or above server that is running the XIA Configuration Client service you must install the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility role service.
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the navigation pane, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.
- In the Select Role Services pane, select the IIS 6 Management Compatibility option
- In the Select Role Services pane, click Next, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
- Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.