Execute a Report to CSV
The following example executes a report, saves the output as a CSV file and opens the file in the default CSV document viewer.
- Connect to the reporting web service.
- Specify the unique identifier of the report to execute in GUID format.
- Specify the customer or container against which to execute the report, by default this is the root container with identifier 1000.
- Set the sort order to "Ascending" or "Descending", and the sort column. This has no effect if the report does not support sorting.
- The user must have permissions to execute this report.
# Executes the report and saves the output as a CSV file in the user's temp directory.
$filename = "$env:TEMP\ReportOutput.csv"
$reportIdentifier = [Guid]"5413a609-80da-490b-ad76-104aa8d4021f";
$parameterValues = $reporting.GET_DefaultReportParameterValues($reportIdentifier);
$output = $reporting.DO_ExecuteReportCsv($reportIdentifier, $parameterValues, 1000, "Ascending", 1)
For information about setting report parameters see the Execute a Report to PDF example.