Scanning Customer Environments
Once the steps in the technician license installation best practice have been completed the following steps describe how to connect to, and scan a customer environment.
- Connect the machine to the customer network and ensure that valid IP addressing information is provided by DHCP, otherwise this may have to be configured manually.
- Create a new scan profile for the customer
- Configure the credentials to scan the customer environment as required in the scan profile settings.
- Create an Active Directory Domain scan task to document the Active Directory domain if required.
NOTE: The Scan default computer domain option cannot be used as the computer is not a domain member.
- Create an Active Directory Search scan task to search the Active Directory domain if required.
NOTE: The [Default Computer Domain] option cannot be used as the computer is not a domain member.