Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password
When scanning a VMware system a "Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password" error is seen at the start of the scan.
This error can occur when
- Default Credentials are selected on the credentials tab, and the computer running the XIA Configuration Client is a domain controller.
- Default Credentials are selected on the credentials tab, but the Active Directory domain to which the user account belongs is not configured within the Single Sign On (SSO) configuration within vCenter server.
- The user name or password entered is incorrect.
- The account is locked out, or disabled.
- When using Default Credentials, ensure that the XIA Configuration Client is installed on a computer that is not a domain controller, or switch to custom credentials.
- Review the Active Directory Identity Sources within the Single Sign On (SSO) configuration. More information can be found in the knowledge base article 2035510.
- Ensure that the username and password are entered correctly.
- Ensure that the account is enabled and not locked out in Active Directory.