Test WMI with wbemtest.exe
Wbemtest.exe is a tool that is included as part of the WMI installation that helps to troubleshoot WMI issues.
To use wbemtest complete the following steps
- Click start, then run and enter wbemtest and click OK.
- Click the connect button.
- In the namespace box enter \\servername\root\cimv2, where servername is the name of the server to connect to.
- Click connect.
- Click the query button.
- In the query field enter SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem.
- Click the apply button.
- A single result should be returned, otherwise an error message will be displayed.