The following steps describe how to move XIA Automation Server to a different physical or virtual machine:
- Ensure you have a full system backup of the existing and new server.
- If the new server is on a different Active Directory domain, you may need to contact CENTREL Solutions Support for an updated license file before proceeding.
- On the new server, install the same version of XIA Automation Server as is installed on the existing machine.
- Ensure that you can access the installation on the new server and that it performs correctly.
NOTE: If you wish to use a newer version of XIA Automation Server, upgrade the existing server before performing the new installation. This may require you to obtain an updated license file from CENTREL Solutions Support.
- Copy the files from the App_Data folder on the existing server to the new server, overwriting any existing files.
By default, these files are found in this location:
C:\Program Files\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Automation\XIA Automation Server\App_Data
- If you have made any custom modifications to the Web.Config file, copy the file from the existing server to the new server.
- If you have installed any SSL certificates on the existing server, these must be migrated manually to the new server. Please see the documentation from your SSL certificate provider for more information.
- Once complete, uninstall the existing XIA Automation Server.