Managed Service Providers Azure Best Practice
This allows a single managed repository of technical information whilst allowing the XIA Configuration Client to be installed behind each customer's firewall and configured with credentials appropriate for the customer environment.
As a cloud based solution the Azure tenant scan tasks can either be executed by the XIA Configuration Client installed in each customer environment, or directly from the MSP environment. The following compares the two options.
- The Azure PowerShell cmdlets must be installed in each customer environment.
- The Azure tenant scan task must be configured for the XIA Configuration Client in each customer environment.
- The customer retains control of their connection credentials, and these credentials must be updated in each customer environment when they are changed.
- Item creation rules are used when data is sent to the XIA Configuration Server.
Managed Service Provider Environment
- The Azure PowerShell cmdlets can be installed on a single machine within the MSP's environment.
- An Azure tenant scan task must be configured within the XIA Configuration Client for each customer with the appropriate Azure credentials.
- The managed service provider retains control of all connection credentials.
- Item creation rules are not used when data is sent to the XIA Configuration Server so the Managed Service Provider must move the Azure Tenant item to the appropriate container or customer when it is created.