Changing the Service Account
WARNING: It is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the XIA Configuration Client instead of manually changing the service account.
To manually change the service account after installation, complete the following steps
- Ensure that you have a full backup before proceeding
- Ensure that the new account meets the requirements in the service account section.
- Open the services management console (Start > Run > Services.msc) and open the XIA Configuration Service
- On the logon tab enter the new account name and password - this must be in NetBIOS format "DOMAIN\username", then click OK
- The service account may be granted additional rights
- Open the installation folder - by default "C:\Program Files\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Configuration\XIA Configuration Service"
- Modify the NTFS permissions of the folder and ensure that the new service account, Administrators, and SYSTEM have full control
- Open the registry editor to the following location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Configuration Service
- Modify the Username value and enter the new service account name
- Modify the Domain value and enter the domain name of the new service account - this must be in NetBIOS format.
- Restart the XIA Configuration service