The following steps describe how to migrate the settings from an existing stand-alone installation of the XIA Configuration Client to a new server. To migrate the settings for the XIA Configuration Client that is installed as part of the XIA Configuration Server, see the client migration section.
- Ensure you have a full system backup of the existing and new server.
- On the new server, install the same version of XIA Configuration Client as is installed on the existing server.
- On the new server, stop the XIA Configuration Service.
- Copy the encryption and configuration directories from the existing server to the new server, overwriting any existing files.
C:\Program Files\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Configuration\XIA Configuration Service\Configuration
C:\Program Files\CENTREL Solutions\XIA Configuration\XIA Configuration Service\Encryption
- On the new server, start the XIA Configuration Service.
- On the new server, open the administration tools, go to the service settings, general tab and click the generate identifier button.
- Click yes when prompted
- Save the settings and close the administration tools.
- Once complete, uninstall the XIA Configuration Client from the existing server.