Manually Creating Network Switches
It is however possible to manually create these devices if the device cannot be scanned - for example if the switch does not support SNMP management.
- Select File > New Item from the drop down menu.
- Select Network Switch from the item type drop down.
(If the Network Switch option is not available review the manual item creation settings).
- Enter an item name and description then press 'Create Item'.
- Double click the newly created network switch.
- Navigate to the Hardware Information section.