MSP Configuration Guidelines
The following provides guidelines to be used by Managed Service Providers supporting multiple customers.
- Follow the XIA Configuration Server installation guide to install the product on the Managed Service Provider's network.
- Ensure that the server is accessible to the customers, either over the Internet or via dedicated network links.
- Configure the Internet Information Services (IIS) server to use SSL encryption.
- Rename the root container to the Managed Service Provider's company name.
- Ensure that the "Hide containers from users that do not have permissions to view them" setting is configured in Security Settings.
Default Item Creation
- Create a container called "New Items" and configure the security so that only Administrators can view these items.
- Configure the item creation rules so that new items are, by default, created in this container.
Perform the following steps for each customer. To assist with this process, see the creating managed customers PowerShell example.
- Create a new user account for each customer in Active Directory.
- Grant access to the new user account.
- Create a customer container for each customer.
- Configure the security for the newly created customer so that the customer has write access to this container.
- Configure the item creation rules so that new items for this customer are created in this customer container.
- Install the XIA Configuration Client on a supported machine in each customer environment using credentials suitable for that environment.
- Configure the Server Upload tab of the Scan Profile
- Perform a scan of the customer's network and ensure the new items are created correctly in the appropriate customer container.